As a SHEQ Manager, you drive safety, health, environmental and quality improvements and compliance at Vopak Rotterdam Europoort, comprising of the four terminals Europoort, Neckarhaven, Laurenshaven en Eemshaven. In order to reduce health and safety risks to the desired level, you take the European- and local legislation and the requirements of our customers into account.
Your role as SHEQ Manager
You contribute to the reputation of Vopak as a safe and high-quality organization for all stakeholders. You manage the Vopak Rotterdam Europoort SHEQ team and guide the operating company Management Team on SHEQ topics. You are member of the company Management Team. Other tasks and responsibilities are:
- Drive, support and challenge the company Management Team and terminal employees on SHEQ matters.
- Dares to challenge MT members who are not acting in line with terminal safety policies.
- Has the courage to block decisions for the sake of safety / when is threatened to become 2nd in the line of priorities.
- Leads the process of further maturing the company safety culture by providing constructive feedback & facilitating unease.
- Provide professional expertise and advice to the company (both as requested and self-initiated) in order to support the company in solving their business issues.
- You drive, support and monitor compliance to relevant SHEQ related permits and certification standards.
- You are responsible for highlighting to management areas of non-compliance and potential consequences.
- You support and advise management in ensuring that risks are managed within acceptable levels on the terminal in line with Vopak policy and procedures.
- Increase awareness of (potential) SHEQ issues/dangerous situations, reduce risk and highlight that SHEQ is a license-to-operate.
- Initiate appropriate improvements for SHEQ policies or procedures and discuss these within the SHEQ NL network.
- Define specific SHEQ KPIs and PIs and execute reporting on SHEQ KPI's as per company and global requirements.
- Build and maintain professional expertise, make expertise available to managers and other professionals in the network. Translate expertise to the specific Vopak situation, in line with Vopak's business needs, in order to have best practices contributing to the business performance and compliance with SHEQ requirements.
- Ensure incidents are reported and investigated according to the applicable incident investigation and reporting procedures
- Develop and maintain relationships with all relevant public bodies and stakeholders. Share information, in order to obtain knowledge on new regulations and to contribute to a positive reputation of Vopak.
- You are responsible for guiding government audits. Ensure, and when applicable execute adequate preparation of these government audits. Enter into dialogue with government representatives.
- Active involvement with contractor management in matters related to SHEQ.
Your qualifications and skills as SHEQ Manager
With your good leadership skills, you are able to encourage the SHEQ team to perform to their optimum. Because of your depth of knowledge and expertise, you are able to increase awareness of (potential) SHEQ issues, dangerous situations and to reduce risks. Furthermore, you have:
- Education to HBO/Academic level, preferably in safety, chemical / environmental science or process technology;
- 5-10 years' experience with SHEQ activities and/or in the oil or chemicals industry;
- At least 5 years experience in managing a team.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch;
- In depth knowledge of relevant SHEQ rules and regulations;
- Good communicative and social skills.
We would like to hear from you! Apply directly via the button at the bottom of the vacancy. Questions? Please contact email@example.com
Our application procedure: 1st interview - Assessment - 2nd interview