Maintenance Technician I
Successful candidate will be awarded a LOCAL employment contract.
Internal applicant: Please be reminded to speak to your current manager before applying.
- Execute tasks / activities such as Preventive, Corrective maintenance & project executions at site effectively & efficiently.
- Lead and supervise contractors or third party vendors to execute maintenance tasks / activities at site effectively & efficiently.
- Ensure all site executions are performed in accordance with all maintenance work procedures / OEM manuals / Vopak standards to ensure site quality, asset integrity & operability.
- Ensure all site executions are performed in accordance with all Local Statutory and Vopak Safety processes to achieve good safety records / results.
- Responsible as competent Applicant for Permit-to-Work, Job safety Analysis (JSA), Lock-out, Tag-out (LOTO) or Defeat of Safety Critical Equipment (DOSCE) during associate maintenance activities
- Participate and contribute in maintenance documentation review such as Safe Work Procedures (SWP), Job safety Analysis (JSA) and What-If Analysis.
- To maintain work progress status and report to Supervisors on daily or adhoc basis.
- Responsible as Work Executor in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) workflow to receive, update and close up assigned Work Orders & checklists.
- Create new Work Orders as Work Initiator in the CMMS workflow to report new Corrective actions / abnormal conditions.
- To perform equipment or system testing / commissioning / Inspections / Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) to properly handover to Operations team after maintenance / project completion.
- To standby as duty technician for emergency activation to perform corrective maintenance after working hours.
- To proactive suggest and execute ideas for continuous improvement in maintenance procedures and processes to improve or optimize maintenance costs, work processes and safety standards.
- Assist to lead equipment training to the Operations department or new trainees.
- Attend and participate in all routine Safety drills or trainings
- Participate in equipment / asset troubleshooting & failure analysis and assist to close up recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Attend external Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) / third party workshop witnessing inspections
- Participate in Management of Change (MOC), Hazard & Operability (HAZOP) Review and any Growth / Service Project Scopes development / review to contribute on maintenance and on-site knowledge
- Assist to maintain spare parts inventory levels, support on delivery checks by suppliers and maintain good preservation / housekeeping in the stores.
- Assist maintenance Supervisor and Planner to ensure proper documentation of maintenance records.
- At least 5 years relevant maintenance experience.
- ITE or Diploma equivalent in Maintenance.
- Maintenance and inspection of tanks and pipelines.
- Maintenance and operations of terminal equipment and assets for product transfer, legal statutory equipment and utility equipment.
- Maintenance and operations of terminal equipment and assets for jetty / berthing such as quick release capstan / hooks, gangway / jib cranes etc.
- Maintenance and inspection of vapor treatment units like scrubbers, elevated flare, ground combustor, flameless thermal oxidizers.
- Remove, disassembly and assembly of Pumps and other rotating equipment.
- Alignment and experience in using dial indicator, laser alignment kit etc.
- Technique and principles of rotating equipment lubrication.
- Mechanical seal, O rings and its application.
- Coupling, gland packing & mechanical seals removal and installation.
- Cooling tower fans and gearbox repair and maintenance.
- Blowers, air compressor and fan repair and maintenance.
- Familiar with bearing and its application and handling.
- Familiar with general purpose machinery monitoring equipment.
- Some knowledge on the subject of vibration.
- Familiar with preventive maintenance procedures and its implementation.
- Familiar with some tools for measuring machinery equipment performance.
- Ability to interpret P&IDs, PFDs, isometric drawings, and computer literacy
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.