As a Contracting manager for Vopak its an interesting time for you to come on board. Vopak is investing considerable capital in expansion and improvement projects. In order to successfully source and execute large and complex projects, Vopak seeks to attract an experienced Contracting Manager.
Your three main missions
“You will be responsible for all contracting management related activities in the assigned projects”
“You will negotiate specific contracts in line with the defined contracting strategy and Vopak standards”
“You will Contribute to the global contracting management policies & procedures”
● Bachelor’s level by education or experience in a related field required (Technical, Business, or Legal);
● 10+ years of hands-on experience in contracting, preferably in the oil & gas sector, with a capex of min. 20 M;
● Excellent knowledge of and experience with FIDIC, NEC, UAV and UAV-GC contract formats;
● Knowledge of and experience with Claims, Arbitration and DAB procedures;
● Solid hands-on experience with the conducting of tenders and evaluation of tenders;
● Strong negotiation, influencing, collaboration and partnering skills;
● Fluent in English and Dutch (written and verbal);
● Willing to travel for short periods.
What we offer
● Market conform salary depending on skills and experience
● Bonus opportunity
● Travel allowance
● 30 holidays on an annual basis
● Collective Health Insurance (contribution Vopak of 50% of basic package)
● Vopak's own pension scheme https://pensioenfonds.vopak.com/
● We will continuously invest in your personal growth, and future career path within Vopak.
Your job in bullet points
● Manage the Project Team regarding contract compliance, variation and claim procedures during
● Set up, administer, document and maintain contractual issues in Capex projects during execution;
● Advise the Project team on contractual risks and their mitigation strategies;
● Define the contracting strategy for the assigned projects;
● Compile and manage tenders (such as EPC, EPCM and/or Construction Only), in line with the defined contracting strategies;
● Conduct contractor pre qualifications for the project;
● Analyze bids and negotiate contracts in close collaboration with the project manager;
● Report to and seek endorsement of tender board;
● Report to Team Lead Contracting & Contracts Management
Then apply via the ‘apply’ button.We are looking forard to your application!
Vopak is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is different, and the differences in people allow us to match our ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. That's why we are curious about who you are!